A reminder that Merthur is canon:
- The showrunner confirms that Merlin and Arthur did indeed grow to love each other by the end of the series, calling it a “pure” love:
- JULIAN MURPHY: We did, very genuinely, think of the episode as a love story between two men. Which is what I think it is, jokes and innuendo aside.
- KATIE MCGRATH: You can’t deny that Merlin and Arthur do love each other, you know? In whatever love way you want to think, there is no denying.
- Murphy points to the moment where Arthur finally dies as what the entire series has been building towards:
- At the “just hold me,” Murphy justifies to a shocked McGrath that:
- JULIAN MURPHY: Well, he’s dying, the man he loves is dying, so he’s holding him.
- KATIE MCGRATH: I think you maybe just confirmed what a lot of people thought,
"she can’t be bisexual! she’s in a relationship with a man!"
Perfect use of that gif. Thank you.
#My name is Inigo Montoya you erased my sexuality prepare to die